Friday, March 3, 2023

My Top 5 News Sources

There are different sources where I get my news and information. I spend a great deal of time on social media and specifically Instagram feeds posts all day along from politics to covid. Yesterday it had a story about Ben and Jerry’s ice cream and sweatshop labor.  It will only give you a title and a snap shot of the information but Instagram will provide you with a link that will bring you to the full story. I find it a trustworthy source because it will lead you to the full story. 





A second news source is TikTok. TikTok has a for you page which is designed just for you. This allows you to set up a page with information that you like to watch. Each user is presented with a stream of videos that have been carefully chosen with your interests. Each feed is unique to that specific individual so no two persons are the same. It allows you to see what is going on in the world while connecting with other people.  

Snapchat is a social media platform that I spend time on. It's a fast way to send information to friends and stay connecting. Snapchat gives enough information about news to keep me informed so I can stay engaged in conversations. Snapchat misses hard news with entertainment and celebrity updates. The news comes from major news outlets that I will watch. What I like about the news from snapchat is its short and direct. Their information is eye-catching and gives the information quickly. 

When I have more time in my day, I will watch Fox News. It is the news station that I will watch the most because they have both republicans and democrats on their show which makes them more fair and balanced. I find them informative and at the same time respect other people's opinions. 

Lastly, I will look at google news. I find it easy to access the information about current issues and events. It will give you headlines, including articles, videos and topics you will find on twitter.  Google tells you stories in the US, local , business, entertainment , sports and health.  Being on my computer throughout the day, I find it easy to look to google for quick information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

EOTO Reflection #1

When watching my peers present, one presentation that I found intriguing was the VCR. I knew a little bit about the VCR, and how it was used...